8/21/2008

ROSE TINTED SPECTACLES


Today I am mostly wearing seventies chic

Just the other night I finally had the chance to see La Vie en Rose, The film about the life of Edith Piaf, and it was well worth the wait. I was glued to the screen and not only because of the story and the fantastic cinematography but also because of the amazing costumes, it just made me want to search out more vintage. I just loved the scene where Edith wears the cute sailor ensemble I want to go right out and find that hat!


and as I carried on watching the film lusting after her silk dressing gown and vintage belt buckle it reminded me of the last time I had that feeling, Keira Knightlys dress in atonement didn't you just want one!


Bunny kisses
Fifi Lapin
xxx


postscript
The late Marit Allen was the costume designer on La Vie En Rose, you can read more about her here.